WEBINAR SERIES 2023-2024: THE WORLD SINGS, PART III
The World Sings
Over the past two years, The Hymn Society has sponsored two webinar series that have featured voices of many cultures and nations. During the coming year, we are sponsoring a new series entitled “The World Sings, Part III” that will feature more expert voices on congregational singing from around the globe.
All the presentations will be broadcast live on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. ET and will be available as recordings for registrants to view for an extended period. Here is the schedule of programs:
- October 17: Lim Swee Hong, FHS, “Call Me by My Name: Appreciating the Contextual Worship Music-making Phenomenon”
- November 14: Kim Harris, “Congregational Song in the Black Roman Catholic Church”
- December 12: Kinga Povedák, “Congregational Song among Roma/Gypsy People in Hungary”
- February 20: Adan Fernandez, “Retrieving Identity: The Music of South and Central American Masses after Vatican II”
- March 12: Youssef Iskander, “Congregational Song in Coptic Traditions”
- April 9: Martin Tel and Eric Wall, “The World Sings at Seminary” - 2:00 p.m. ET
Registration for a single webinar is $30 for members, $40 for non-members, $20 for students. Registration for the full series of six webinars is $150 for members, $200 for non-members, and $75 for students.